Thursday, September 12, 2019

Sloppy joe recipe

Sloppy joe recipe

ULTIMATE SLOPPY JOES

Ultimate Sloppy Joes made without the Manwich Canned Sauce or the packets of sloppy joe seasoning you may have grown up with. With just a few pantry ingredients you’ll have a whole new appreciation for classic American dinner favorite recipe sloppy joes.
We call these the Ultimate Sloppy Joes, but you may also want to refer to them as Award Winning Sloppy Joes because this recipe has been victorious in three separate sandwich contests including one in college where it beat out over 50 other sloppy joe recipes!
Plus it wins the most important contest of all, the kid contest. Kids LOVE this recipe because it is the perfect combination of savory and sweet flavors topped with cheese. In my ten years of working as a chef, I’ve not had a single kid refuse these sloppy joes.

Take that as a pinky promise from me to you, as a professional chef, these are the best sloppy joes. They’re so good that the base of this recipe made me want to create 25 more sloppy joe recipes!
We’ve have others flavors, from Philly Cheese Steak, Bacon Cheeseburger, to Pizza too so if you love these Classic Sloppy Joes you should definitely try out more (my husband’s favorite is the Bacon, Beer and Cheese Sloppy Joes)!
If you don’t believe me on how good this recipe is, read this review from below:
I was looking for something quick to make for dinner since I ended up working late. Most of the ingredients I had at home and only had to stop to get some ground beef on my way home. I’ve never been a huge fan of Sloppy Joes but my SO really likes them so I thought “why not”. And boy oh boy am I happy I landed on this recipe. This recipe has permanently changed my mind on what a good sloppy joe is. Thank you so much for sharing this. I can’t wait to make them again!

HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE SLOPPY JOES:

Homemade sloppy joes are made with ground beef, green and onion bell peppers that are simmered in a brown sugar and ketchup gravy until served and thickened on a bun.
I’ve looked at the back of the Manwich cans, and I can’t vouch for this recipe to be like a homemade Manwich sloppy joe, but I can say many of the ingredients are similar. If you grew up eating sloppy joes made with tomato sauce, but the ketchup in the recipe acts in a similar way, this is also not the same as.

What to serve with Sloppy Joes:

Homemade Sloppy Joes are all about comfort food flavors so we love serving them with Onion Rings, Potato Wedges, Sweet Potato Fries or Roasted Potatoes with them along with some healthier Roasted Vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment